Next moth the G8 NATO Summit will take place in Chicago. Security will tight. Money (128 MM) will flow. People will protest! But what if something more sinister is beneath all of this. What if this is a test run to seize America? From INFOWars (the we're totally not paranoid--really--channel. The Illuminati DOES Control Madonna. We promise!):
If Transportation Security pat downs at public venues, thousands of drones over the skies of America, and the National Security Agency’s new Echelon-like listening center in Utah weren’t enough to convince you that we’re living in a police state, then perhaps the latest news out of Chicago will change your mind.
As world leaders prepare to meet in the windy city for their annual NATO summit, U.S. federal officials are working feverishly to implement a security net so broad that it encompasses the entirety of Cook County, Illinois. While international summits are traditionally met with a larger police presence and preparations for the possibility of protests or rioting, what’s taking place on American soil in anticipation of the May 20 meeting in downtown Chicago can be interpreted in only one way – the implementation of regionalized martial law.Connect The Dots
What are the facts that lead to this startling conclusion? Let's look (from the article):
- There is a memo from the Red Cross about setting up plans to evacuate portions of Chicago in the case of unrest.
- There is a plan to shut down access to downtown Chicago.
- Security forces are thinking about building a "tent city" in Joliet prison to hold detainees.
- There will be a "Militarized Red Zone" for the protection of the summit.
- There are new laws that give the government expanded powers vs terrorism or suspected terrorism.
Martial Law (from Wikipedia):
Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—(usually) only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to subdue the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order. Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of governmentPutting It Together
There are a few "sub-dots" in this constellation that we should keep in mind. The first is that Homeland Security bought 450 MM rounds of ammo. That's enough for a "7 year war against the American people." They also have 140 MM emergency rations and bullet resistant check-booths. There is active training by the military for large scale economic breakdown and civic unrest. Here is a picture:
|Instead of that baton, maybe they should try a 12" sub?|
Put together the picture is scary. Scary.
Taking It Apart
There are a few problems up front here that should be looked at first:
- While in the event of a large-scale riot, police, Homeland Security, and, yes--with a NATO summit in town--Military forces would be expected to restore order. Is the "American solution" to "let the riot continue?" I don't think so (That's the French solution, Amirite?). However: there is nothing in the above that suggests an actual instillation of martial law without large-scale riots.
- Contingency planning is part of preparedness. When I was in the National Guard one of our drills was dealing with Campus Unrest. There weren't any plans for campus unrest--that was just something we trained for (how not to bust skulls with the baton, etc.). The fact that they have a "get people out of the way "contingency" should be cause for celebration unless you believe that no how no way would any protest ever get out of hand.
|Like this. You don't want THIS to happen in YOUR neighborhood (Vancouver Hockey Riots)|
- Detention centers are something we'll deal with in part two--but keep in mind that the counter-measure to protest defense is to overload the legal response with protesters so that they have a real problem determining where to keep them.
- There are some new laws. Some of them are ass. There is zero indication that any of these can or would be used here. But this is why we vote.
- If you think Homeland Security has a lot of bullets, look at the Army. And compare bulletproof check-points to ... tanks.
|Also said to be bullet proof|
Taken as a whole, I do not see this as a test-drive for total control. But really? Why isn't it?
The real problem with this as a conspiracy theory is not that "gosh, why would the US Government want to round us all up and put us under martial law?" Because--because Screw you, is why! Is a viable answer once you have started that conversation. Maybe it's because the Global Elite want to kill off 5 billion people? (Imagine how cool highway driving would be with 5bn fewer schmucks!). Who knows?
The real problem is the cost. It takes no amount of naivety or trust in the goodness of our leaders to know why Chicago wants to host the G8: there are 128 million reasons coming to town. This is offset by the fact that protesters are going to come from far and wide (as they have historically) and break Starbucks windows and otherwise make the city very uncomfortable. Within grounds this is okay. People get to protest, be arrested, and otherwise exercise their constitutional right to be fairly loud and disruptive (note: they are not protected from being arrested if they are too noisy--they are protected from being shot).
So, so long as things do not get out of control, it's a 128MM pay-day minus the cost (but I bet that the Federal Government has to foot a lot of that bill--it is NATO after all). So that's all the up-side you need without having to go anywhere but greed.
|Maybe he should run the command center?|
If it costs me 200k for face masks to subdue a close group of people for 3 days numbering 3 million ... (assuming the difficulty of locking people down is proportional to the area I must cover with my force) my back of the envelope estimation is that it would cost the US Government it would cost something like 300 Billion dollars for face-masks alone.
|Maybe the masks cost less in bulk?|
Anyway, the point is this: if the Global Elite Masters (or the Obama administration) want to declare martial law, round up the US Population, and load us into detention centers? There's no way we could afford it. There's no way we could close to afford it.
So even if it's the master plan?
It ain't going to happen.